From Yahoo News:
From Google News:
- Reject whitewash report into London bus driver coronavirus deaths! For rank-and-file health and safety committees! - WSWS Reject whitewash report into London bus driver coronavirus deaths! For rank-and-file health and safety committees! WSWS
- Umurangi Generation Review - Cyberpunk Snap - GameSpot Umurangi Generation Review - Cyberpunk Snap GameSpot
- Why American Politics Matters - Varsity Online Why American Politics Matters Varsity Online
- Trump is Not Conceding: This is Happening Here - CounterPunch.org - CounterPunch Trump is Not Conceding: This is Happening Here - CounterPunch.org CounterPunch
- How the Bond Market Currently Describes Our Situation - RealClearMarkets How the Bond Market Currently Describes Our Situation RealClearMarkets
- Canadian court rules Safe Third Country Agreement with US violates refugee rights - WSWS Canadian court rules Safe Third Country Agreement with US violates refugee rights WSWS
- The Federalist editor warns divided America is 'moving closer and closer to mob rule' - Fox News The Federalist editor warns divided America is 'moving closer and closer to mob rule' Fox News
- Back To The Drawing Board: Why SpaceX Success Demands NASA Revolution - Forbes Back To The Drawing Board: Why SpaceX Success Demands NASA Revolution Forbes
- COVID-19 second stimulus package standoff highlights Trump's flawed economic agenda - NBC News COVID-19 second stimulus package standoff highlights Trump's flawed economic agenda NBC News
- Misleaders at a Funeral: Bill Clinton and Barack Obama Eulogizing Racial Justice in the Name of John Lewis - CounterPunch Misleaders at a Funeral: Bill Clinton and Barack Obama Eulogizing Racial Justice in the Name of John Lewis CounterPunch
So the smiling little boy stared up with lots of no cynicism His eyes like newly hatched birdies in first sun His teeth unknowing of guile At the nice Caucasian lady bending over his All-American Japanese-ness A plump go-to-church lady angry enough To believe in Christ Billowy floral dress perfume sweat It’s-all-right arm around his …
- Banned from Protesting in the Nation’s Capital for Five Years back in 1967
As I was reading reports that judges and magistrates in the Federal District Court in Portland, OR have been handing out sentences to protesters arrested by President Trump’s Homeland Security goons that included bans on future protest in Oregon, I suddenly had a sense of deja vu. Back in October 1967, when I was …
The post Banned from Protesting in the Nation’s Capital for Five Years back in 1967 appeared first on This Can't Be Happening!.
- Rethinking Manhattan Project Spies and the Cold War, MAD — and the 75 years of no nuclear war — that their efforts gifted us
75 years ago before dawn on July 16, 1945, a cataclysmic explosion shook the New Mexico desert as scientists from the top-secret Manhattan Project tested their nightmarish creation: the first atom bomb, called “the Gadget.” This birth of the Nuclear Age, was quickly followed a few weeks later, first on August 6 by the …
- My first sip of coffee is sweet
That’s a lie The first sip isn’t sweet But with the first sip Everything else just Smacks of sweet I’m just saying My first sip says Life is sweet The second sip says That was then Third sip Toughen up mister The last sip is Strong bitter cool And I get to thinking I remember …
- Our Beating Drums
Midst happy folk Midnight Congo-drumming whirling dancing Raw sugar rum swirling Stars sparkle together Sea surges as one Trees intertwine No colors divide All are one Revolutionary Cuba Che’s home of love Home of health for all Mississippi Freedom Summer Fight for Equal Rights All are one Yet in this planet divided Power is separation …
- Defending the US Against Looming Presidential Dictatorship
At least Vladimir Putin is gaining his dictatorial powers democratically. He got elected by a solid majority of Russians, and then he went to the Russian Duma and asked for a constitutional change to allow him to continue to be elected through 2030. Here in the US, we have created a presidential dictatorship through …
The post Defending the US Against Looming Presidential Dictatorship appeared first on This Can't Be Happening!.
- Watching Constitutionally Protected Freedoms Die in Oregon
Update: Oregon’s two senators and two members of the House from the state are calling on the Inspectors General of the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Justice into the excessive use of violence and of secretive behavior and lack of idendification of federal “paramiitary” police in Portland. One of the most clear …
The post Watching Constitutionally Protected Freedoms Die in Oregon appeared first on This Can't Be Happening!.
- The Remaking of a Poet
Covid-19, you have done a number on me as a poet! For that I am cautiously grateful. I don’t think I can ever get back to My old pre-Covid relationship to poetry Even if I wanted to, Which I’m not sure I do. The pandemic hasn’t made me a better poet, However that might be …
- Denmark Authorities in Denial about Racist Violence
Shelter murder scene memorial Strøby Egede, Denmark — Swastika-tattooed lower leg pressed upon the victim’s chest, knee thrust under his Adam’s apple. Blood flow cut off. Heart pumps out. Knife slashes, body burns, tree branch bashes spurting blood over his body, eye popping partially out. After prolonged torture, perhaps hours long, African-Danish-born Phillip Mbuji Johansen …
The post Denmark Authorities in Denial about Racist Violence appeared first on This Can't Be Happening!.
- US Justice Department is Classifying Anti-Police Movement as Terrorism
KPFA’s Mitch Jeserich, host of “Letters and Politics,” interviews Dave Lindorff about the Trump and Barr plan to follow the Obama administration’s “Occupy Model” for crushing dissent in going after the anti-police-brutality and defund the police movement sweeping the nation. Listen here and start at 32.55 on the mp.3 of the interview.
The post US Justice Department is Classifying Anti-Police Movement as Terrorism appeared first on This Can't Be Happening!.